Just like with most things in life, you can’t just jump into metal heat treating without thinking about it. Metal heat treating in Gastonia, NC requires a bunch of prior considerations to ensure you don’t end up ruining your metal instead of making it harder or softer. This post will cover a few of those considerations that we go through before we work with your metal:
- The heat treating process: As we’ve covered before, there are many different heat treating methods out there, and they all give us different results. Though each process is valuable in its own way, we can be left with a piece of metal that’s either too hard or too soft. The good news is that we can fix any issues by re-treating the metal after we’re done with the first step. Be sure to choose the right metalworkers for the job to ensure that your metal comes back just the way you want it.
- Alloy composition:Unfortunately, we can’t perform the same heat treatment on every kind of metal out there. Using certain heat treatments on certain metals can destroy your product. The good metalworkers out there know which types of heat treating will work for your metal to ensure that your product comes back better than before.
- The location:It’d be nice if we could heat treat metal whenever and wherever we want, but that’s not the case. Metalworkers need to perform their job in controlled environments to ensure the metal isn’t compromised while it’s being worked on. For example, working on tungsten in a normal atmosphere will oxidize it and leave it with a porous surface. To ensure that’s avoided, we have to work it in a vacuum or an atmosphere that’s sealed with nitrogen, argon or hydrogen.
Why choose J.F. Heat Treating Inc.?
Since you can’t treat your metal products by yourself, you’ll need to send them off to the pros. Here are a few reasons why you should always let us handle your metal heat treating in Gastonia, NC:
- Expert know-how: There’s quite a bit of skill required in metalworking to ensure nothing goes awry! When you come to us, you can rest easy knowing that your metal will come back better than ever. We have the best metalworkers on our staff who will know exactly what they’re doing with your piece.
- Fast service: Do you need your metal treated and returned to you as soon as possible? No problem! We work quickly but diligently on each project. You won’t be waiting around for weeks on end for us to finish the job.
- Fair prices: Heat treating shouldn’t break the bank. That’s why all of our rates are reasonably priced and on par with market rates.
The choice is clear the next time you need metal heat treating in Gastonia, NC: come to J.F. Heat Treating! Contact us today to learn more about our services and what we can do to enhance your metal products. We look forward to assisting you soon!