When you search for a business to hire for metal heat treating in Gastonia, NC, you likely have a few necessary qualities in mind: experience, affordability, strong customer service and expert employees, to name just a few.
But there is one other crucial thing you should be looking for that you might not know about: for a metal treatment business to be worth its salt, it ought to be a member of the Metal Treatment Institute, or MTI. Here is an overview of what MTI is, and why you should be sure to hire an MTI member for metal heat treating in Gastonia, NC:
- Education and training: Like many different professional associations, MTI exists primarily as a way to train and educate potential metal treatment professionals, and to ensure that existing ones are always up to date on the current requirements, technology and best practices. If you want the peace of mind of knowing the metal treatment business you hire knows exactly what it’s doing, then you will want to hire an MTI member.
- Strong history: MTI was officially formed in 1933, but its roots stretch back even further, back to the turn of the century. That means that this organization has seen a lot of different changes to the industry, and has always stayed committed to ensuring its members are educated and qualified. When you hire an MTI member for metal heat treating in Gastonia, NC, you are not just getting their own personal experience—you are benefitting from over a hundred years of organizational experience as well.
- Code of ethics: MTI holds its members to a strict code of business ethics, which includes treating customers fairly and equitably to mutual advantage; treating suppliers fairly, as they would treat customers; and recognizing that their success depends on the success of their customers. To learn more about this code of ethics, check out www.heattreat.net/aboutmti/ethics.
- Volunteering: Beyond just having a written list of ethical guidelines, MTI takes its goodwill a step further by encouraging its members to offer volunteer time to worthy organizations. When you hire an MTI member for metal heat treating in Gastonia, NC, you are supporting a cause much bigger than yourself, and even bigger than the metal treatment industry.
- Other benefits: In addition to vocational training and education, MTI members also have access to an online audit database, useful connections to others in the metal heating industry and a wide range of other beneficial perks, all of which then get passed on to you, the consumer.
If you would like to hire a Metal Treatment Institute member for metal heat treating in Gastonia, NC, then you need look no further than J.F. Heat Treating Inc. For 35 years, we have been the premier source for heat treatment services within a 100-mile radius of Gastonia, and we look forward to providing you with the same quality service our customers have come to expect from our team. Call us today to learn more about our services!